Why do you smoke? Do you not regret smoking? Many started smoking as early as their teens. They commenced smoking without knowing the consequences of the addiction. When they reach maturity, they are already at high risk. Is it too late to reform? Nope, there is always life after you quit smoking cigarettes. You have fat chance of regaining your pre-smoking conditions. Make time to set your quitting goal. And get back to your old self.
When you decide you want to quit smoking cigarettes, be sure to have intense determination. You can overcome temptations to light a cigarette stick. Will power is the key to succeed. After your mindset, you can proceed to the different available means.
Ways to quit smoking cigarettes:
1. Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) involves curtailment of the effects of nicotine in your system. This kind of therapy has the following: gums, lozenges, inhalers, patches, nasal sprays and microtabs. There are also prescribed drugs. All these NRTs are available in the market.
2. Water therapy is simply drinking much water. The nicotine toxin is excreted from the body. Water can be substituted with fruit juices.
3. Psychological therapy appeals to your emotional behavior during the withdrawal period. Your resistance to nicotine is addressed and your psychological condition is analyzed.
4. Herbal therapy is using various herbs that would help remedy cravings for cigarettes.
5. Counseling is a program where you are advised on what to do to succeed in the process of withdrawal to nicotine dependence.
6. Acupuncture is an old Chinese method of curing. It is done with the aid of a needle, it eases your cravings.
7. Hypnosis is relaxing the brain. In so doing, the dependence on nicotine is suspended.
Benefits derived when you quit smoking cigarettes:
1. You are assured of a longer and healthy life. Some negates the statement of being healthy because they gain weight when they stop smoking. But, weight is checked by proper diet and exercise.
2. You recover from elevated blood pressure, heart ailment, diabetes and other diseases.
3. You lower your risk of having cancer of the lungs.
4. You improve your breathing and you can do more physical activities.
5. You will look beautiful without the yellowish stains in your teeth and finger nails.
6. You will gain social acceptance because you no long stink with bad breath and cigarette odor all over your hair and clothes.
With the means available to quit smoking cigarettes, you can never fail even with your first attempt. Just have the key factor – determination. Start quitting now! See and feel the difference in only a matter of days!